Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Are You A Skeptic?"

According to the Blogthings Quiz below, I qualify as only a 67% Skeptic. Oh My! Perhaps I answered "not sure" for too many of the questions to get a higher score. Korzybski (who felt rather skeptical about 'skeptics') suggested the wisdom in doubting one's doubt. Some (NOT ALL) of the most dogmatic people I've known were members of skeptic's groups and atheist societies. So I don't feel so bad about not getting 100%. Korzybski File Readers, Let me know how you score if you take the test. I'm curious. — B.I.K.





You Are 67% Skeptic



While you aren't always skeptical, you generally approach life from a skeptical viewpoint.

You're open to any outlandish claim, but you need proof before you'll believe it.



That being said, you're occasionally willing to go out on a limb and put your faith in idea.

There's a few beliefs you hold because you hope they're true - not because they've been established as true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

General Semantics student, Jackie Rudig, tests out as 65% Skeptic.

"While you aren't always skeptical, you generally approach life from a skeptical viewpoint.
You're open to any outlandish claim, but you need proof before you'll believe it.

"That being said, you're occasionally willing to go out on a limb and put your faith in idea.
There's a few beliefs you hold because you hope they're true - not because they've been established as true."

Anonymous said...

That silly little test had nothing whatsoever to do with real skepticism. Nothing.